If you cannot get an appointment with your professional waxing salon, we assure you that waxing at home is not that tricky. With a few simple tips and tricks you will find that waxing at home is pretty easy. So if you want to sking the salon visit, and get the waxing done at home, you can actually consider doing it on your own, without any professional help. Waxing is one of the easiest hair removal method. You can flaunt your smooth skin without getting any razor burns or nicks post a waxing session, simply keep these tips in mind the next time you want to try at-home waxing.
1. Before you start waxing you need to make sure that your hair is at least 1/4 inch long but not longer than 1/2 inch. And according to your skin type and your wish choose between soft wax, hard wax or wax strips. The soft wax will require a fabric or strip to wax after it is warmed and applied to rip the hair out. Soft wax can cause skin irritation. The hard wax does not require any kind of strip as it it only pulled directly from your skin to rip the hair off from your skin once it dries. It causes little irritation and works better for smaller areas. Wax strip is something that already has wax on the strip and all you need to do is warm it with your palms and then place the wax side on your skin and pull it off. Read the instructions properly given on the waxing kit before you start.
2. Also, make sure that you do not wax after sunbathing or tanning, because it can peel off a few layers of your skin. It might result in visible bruises on your skin as the hot wax, pulling and ripping off the hair will irritate your skin. Also post waxing do not immediately use a hot tub, sauna or a public swimming pool because it can lead to skin infection.
3. Invest in a good at-home waxing kit. You need to get your hands on the best waxing kit to make sure that your at-home waxing experience does not go wrong. Buy yourself a proper waxing kit.
4. It is important that you exfoliate before each waxing session. This will help your to remove the layer of dead skin so as to prevent ingrown hairs. Trying exfoliating your skin twice of thrice a week to get rid of the dead skin buildup, otherwise the new hair that grows will curl back into your skin. So use a body scrub or an exfoliating glove so that you exfoliate your skin properly and also prevent ingrown hair.
5. Clean the area that you want to wax. there should not be any kind of moisturizing cream or deodorant applied to the area that you are planning to wax. Also, see to it that if you are sweating, clean the area properly otherwise the wax won’t cling to the area that you want to wax.
6. Before you start waxing make sure that the area is dry. Use baby powder on the skin that is about to be waxed, so that it will absorb all the moisture so that the wax strip or the wax fabric can adhere properly.
7. Before applying the wax on your skin, check the temperature of the wax. It should not be too hot if you are using hard wax, otherwise your skin will get burned. Also, if it it too cold, it won’t spread properly.
8. One thing that you need to be sure is that you need to remove the wax strips in the right direction, keeping your skin taut. In order to do so, once you have applied the layer of wax on your skin, pull the wax strip against the direction of the hair growth in a quick move, keeping your skin taut. If you don’t stretch your skin properly, all the hairs will not be pulled from the root.
9. Do not wax the same area more than twice, or else you will irritate the skin. If you find any stray hairs in the area, remove them using tweezers instead of waxing the same area multiple times.
10. Ask for help from someone if you are not able to do it yourself. You might need help to reach every area that you plan to wax. Especially if you are planning to wax your bikini area, you should definitely get help from someone and avoid doing it on your own.
11. Once you have waxed your skin, clean it with cold water and then moisturize your skin. You can also apply some baby oil post the waxing, it will not only moisturize and nourish your skin but will also help you to get rid of the residue wax.
12. Do not wax at home if you have any kind of skin disorders, skin allergies, acne or sensitive skin. You should always approach a professional in that case.