A major reason cancer is so frustratingly difficult to cure is that by the time it can be detected, it is often very advanced, and like all advanced diseases, much more difficult to treat. In a person with advanced cancer, uncontrolled angiogenesis keeps the cells growing and allows them to spread. However, without angiogenesis, cancers can’t grow and become dangerous. This is why the microscopic cancers that form in our bodies all the time are mostly harmless. These cells aren’t even visible on a standard X-ray or body scan. So, to effectively prevent cancer, angiogenesis needs to be brought under control before the tumor can get a foothold. This is where your everyday diet comes into play.
Start to eat (and drink) to defeat cancer today
Eating to defeat cancer can be accomplished simply by adding a few of our disease fighting angio foods to your meals each day. Like life itself, one’s diet is all about making choices. Since we all eat every day, why not choose foods that can reduce your risk of disease? Listed below are some food facts, supported by scientific research, to help you get the most disease fighting benefits from your diet.
- Be picky. Red Delicious and Granny Smith apples have twice as many cancer fighters as Fuji or Golden Delicious apples. The San Marzano tomato contains more cancer fighters than any other variety. Wine grapes grown in cooler climates have more cancer fighters than grapes grown in warmer climates.
- Eat Your Sprouts. Broccoli sprouts can contain more cancer-fighting properties than regular broccoli.
- Dunk Your Teabag. Dunking a tea bag up and down releases more cancer-fighting molecules than letting the bag just sit in the cup.
- Cook Your Vegetables. Raw tomatoes are good, but cooking them in olive oil is better.
- Chew Your Greens. Chewing leafy greens helps to release enzymes that activate cancer-fighting molecules embedded deep in the leaves.
- Go Soy. Fermented soy, like the kind used in miso soup, contains four times more cancer fighters than regular soybeans.
- Choose one cancer fighting food for each meal. At 3 meals each day, that adds up to more than a thousand of cancer fighting food choices each year.
Food is the foundation of health. If you want to make the right choices for your health and for your loved ones, check out the free Food Revolution an event you DO NOT want to miss.