Turmeric is a yellow-pigmented curry spice that is often used in Indian cuisine. But this spice is far more than a cooking staple. It also has a long history of medicinal use in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) as well as Ayurvedic medicine.
Traditional medicinal uses include the treatment of liver disease, skin problems, respiratory and gastrointestinal ailments, sprained muscles, joint pains, and general wound healing.
Its benefits have since been well documented in the medical literature, and curcumin—one of the most well-studied bioactive ingredients in turmeric— has been found to promote health and protect against a wide array of health conditions.
It actually exhibits over 150 potentially therapeutic activities, including anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activity, as well as potent anti-cancer properties that have been intensely studied.
Turmeric powder is often used for skin whitening, and can be used to whiten teeth as well.
- 4 tablespoons of organic turmeric root powder
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2.5 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
1. Add dry ingredients to a small bowl. Mix well.
2. Add coconut. Use a fork to mash the ingredients together until you have a thick, cohesive, orange paste.
3. Should be able to store indefinitely but the ingredient amounts should last for roughly 20 uses.
Michelle Toole is the founder and head editor of Healthy Holistic Living. This roll spawned from a health crisis over 14 years ago. Michelle went from marathon runner to bed ridden in what felt like overnight. Out of crisis came change, which at the time felt life ending but in retrospect was life fulfilling. Through this experience came the creation of healthy-holistic-living.com a site designed to share her experience and passion for holistic living and to support others who desire to create a shift in their lives. Learn all about her life’s inspiration and journey to health and wellness.
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
- How To Tell If You Have Bacteria, Parasites, or CANCER Just by Looking At Your NECK - March 22, 2016
- Reverse Liver Damage, Clear Toxins and Improve Digestion with These Natural Solutions (8 Liver-Repairing Foods) - February 16, 2016
- 10 Foods To Make Your Metabolism FASTER Than Fat Can Be Stored! - February 16, 2016